The Chairman of the Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC), Buba Galadima, has written to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), seeking invalidation of the Adams Oshiomole-led National executive committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Galadima in a letter signed on Wednesday described the recently held national convention which saw the emergence of Oshiomole as the national chairman, as a ‘very flawed and undemocratic convention.’
The former APC-chieftain, who was one of the delegates at the national convention, earlier this month led some aggrieved members of the APC to form the R-APC. He told INEC that the Congresses were marred with serious irregularities and manipulations.
“The Convention held on 23rd June, 2018 which purportedly produced the National Officers of the APC was not conducted in a democratic manner as required by Article 20(1) of the APC Constitution, the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Electoral Act.
“All attempts to activate the appeal processes and internal mechanisms of seeking redress as a senior member of the APC was frustrated by the party.
“We respectfully, therefore, request INEC to intervene, following precedents established over the years, to declare invalid and unlawful and not to accord any form of recognition to officers purportedly elected at the APC Convention of June 23, 2018.
“These Congresses leading up to the National Convention of the party were marred with serious irregularities and manipulations to the extent that in at least 22 States, parallel Congresses were held and different set of delegates and officers emerged. Some of the States includes: Abia, Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Cross-River, Delta, Enugu, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Niger, Ondo, Oyo, Rivers, Sokoto and Zamfara.”
Galadima called on INEC to access the report of their offices in the states aforementioned for confirmation.
He stressed that, “as a foundation member of the APC, a member of its Board of Trustees, National Caucus and an automatic delegate at its National Convention,” he has information to back his claims that the convention was disputed in various Wards (May 2, 2018), Local Governments (May 5, 2018), State Congress (May 8, 2018).
He also claimed that in the course of the Convention proceedings, many other persons withdrew from the contest for the various offices, and the Convention Chairman announced them as unopposed and “elected” without following any form of due process.
This, Galadima said affected the position of the National Secretary and others. He listed the other affected offices to include:
- National Chairman – Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.
- National Welfare Secretary – Alhaji Ibrahim Masari.
- National Financial Secretary – Alhaji Tunde Bello.
- National Physically Challenged – by Misbahu L. Didi.
- Zonal Secretary North-Central – Dr. Zakari Muhammed.
- Zonal Organising Secretary North-Central – Ibrahim M. Abdul.
- Zonal Women Leader North-Central – Hajia Hassana Abdullahi.
- Ex-Officio North-Central – Nelson Abba.
- Zonal Secretary North-East – Abubakar Sadiq Ajia
- Ex-Officio North-East – Mallam Isah Azare.
- Zonal Secretary North-West – Tukur A. Gusau.
- Zonal Organizing Secretary North-West – Abdulmunab Muhammad.
- Ex-Officio, North-West – Nasiru Haladu Danu.
- Zonal Woman Leader South-South – Mrs. Rachael Akpabio.
- Ex-Officio, South-South – Kotenten Ibadan.
- Zonal Secretary South-West – Ayo Afolabi.
- Zonal Women Leader South-West – Mrs. Kemi Nelson.
- Ex-Officio South-West – Omoloye O. Akintola.