Tinubu Urges Nigerians to Be Patient As He Removes Subsidies for a “Better Tomorrow.”

As a result of the withdrawal of the gasoline subsidy, President Bola Tinubu has asked Nigerians for patience, adding that the decision is in the country’s best interest.

On Thursday, Tinubu gave a public presentation of Edwin Clark’s autobiography in Abuja. Clark is an elder statesman.
Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) George Akume, who represented Nigeria’s president at the event, said measures are being taken to mitigate the fallout from the elimination of the subsidy.

Problems don’t have coffee-like instantaneous answers. But we really need to be there. I’m aware that issues have arisen as a result of the elimination of gasoline subsidies. This is why President Tinubu has ordered 100 less-than-ideal vehicles replaced with palliatives.

One hundred trucks of grains have already been sent to the USA, and more are on the way. Also, buses will be arriving. For the time being, we can put up with this. What we are going through now will make tomorrow better. Hope in one’s country’s future is what makes it wonderful. They believe that the future will be better than the present.

His remark follows the U.S. government’s green light of band-aid solutions for state governments.

The National Economic Council (NEC) decided after a meeting in the Presidential Villa to provide N5 billion to every state and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), as well as grains to the governors of those states.

While speaking to the press, Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum announced that the administration had also distributed five trucks of rice to each of the state’s governors.
To counteract the effects of the elimination of fuel subsidies, he said that governors would be required to purchase 100,000 bags of rice, 40,000 bags of maize, and fertilisers.
Zulum noted that the states received grants totaling 52% of the total. The remaining 48% is considered to be loans.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: